LETTER DESIGN TO LOGOTYPE DESIGN
Workshop Duration: 3 to 6 Days
It is a very good fundamental experience and skill of constructing letter forms reflecting the understanding of basic visual principles of stroke weights, visual center & proportion, and character width. One also explores in depth, the type & slant of the pen/tool and treatment to strokes, joints & endings, contributing towards characteristics of a style.
This basic experience and skill are then creatively explored to logobility, legibility, and readability required for identity design.
Script Writing: Roman capitals with a quill pen, Rustica capitals with a flat brush and Devanagari letters with reed pen
• A crash refreshing practice of writing the letter forms to establish the understanding and sensitivity to visual principles of stroke weights, visual center & proportion and character structure & width etc.
Letter design in Sans Serif style
• Style exploration with 3 representative letter forms “H,G & N” in any weight & width in upright mode by hand
Letter design for Logotype
• Choose or create an appropriate product/industry/organization for a style
• Customize/ Design the letterforms for logotype identity
• Critic and refine from relevance, recall, logobility, legibility and readability points.
• Extend it with tagline or logo name if needed, and find the appropriate font and relation/composition with the logotype
Extending Logotype parent identity to sub-identities
• It can be for different departments/industries/business
• It can be for different countries/languages/scripts